responsAbility’s integrated private equity platform invests exclusively in developing countries. It focuses on three key sectors with strong economic growth and development impact – finance, agriculture and renewable energy.
Through significant equity stakes held by the investment vehicles, responsAbility supports investees at an early stage in their growth, and provides close strategic input to ensure their long-term success.
Active across three sectors
- Financial Institutions Private Equity: Driving financial inclusion; investing in financial institutions serving micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and low-income households in developing countries
- Agriculture/Food Private Equity: Investing growth capital in SMEs in developing countries across the agriculture and food value chain
- Renewable Energy Private Equity: Enhancing energy access through development, construction and operation of renewable energy power plants (up to 50 MW) as well as off-grid solutions and distributed generation.
Growth capital for development
responsAbility managed private equity investment vehicles aim to achieve market-based competitive returns* while obtaining positive social, economic and environmental impact. This triple bottom line is achieved by focusing on successful business models that:
- offer strong growth and are scalable
- provide access to affordable, needs-oriented products
- are relevant for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises or households with low to average income
*Target performance or growth is not a projection, prediction or guarantee of future performance, and there is no certainty that the target will be reached.