- Studied Economics and Mathematics
- Over 25 years of experience in financial sector development, banking and emerging market private debt and equity investments
- Member of supervisory boards of financial institutions and funds for 10 years
- Established two private equity permanent capital structures for responsAbility
- Designed legal framework for the microfinance sector in 8 countries and worked as consultant to governments and regulators in over 40 emerging markets
Board of Directors
- Leads Swiss Re's strategic initiatives in Africa and the Middle East
- Member of the Board of APA Insurance, a leading insurance group in Kenya. Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee
- Chairman of the Insurance Council of the African Leadership University
- Holds a BS in Computer Science (Carnegie Mellon) and an MBA in Management (J. L. Kellogg)
- Over 23 years of entrepreneurial, operational and financial experience, including private equity/debt investments, business development and project finance
- Oversees the agriculture debt activities of USD 200m+ across three investment vehicles. Serves as Director for the Paris and Tbilisi offices, and earlier opened the offices and helped grow investment activities in Asia Pacific from early 2011-end 2016.
- Served on boards of investee companies and NGOs and on the investment committees of equity and debt funds.